Thursday, February 22, 2007

Chill Out Fairy


With all this snow we've been having lately, it's made me a bit stir crazy. Last week we got hit with about 12" of the white stuff and it shut down virtually everything for two days... schools, stores, businesses, doctor offices, restaurants. It's finally starting to melt, but as far as I'm concerned it can't be soon enough. I'm not a big cold weather fan so when it gets cold outside I start getting crabby.

My mind has been preoccupied lately with my daughter's upcoming wedding next month. Although we've been planning the ceremony for nine months and everything has been rolling along quite smoothly, all of the sudden I've started to get anxious. It's crunch time now and all the details need to be worked out. It hurts my head to think about it all! Plus, I really need to loose about 50 pounds by March 24th.... arrrggghhh!!

Anyway, as I was worrying and stewing over everything the other day, my calm and collected hubby tells me I just need to "chill"... everything will fall together! Quit worrying and "go make some art", he tells me. So that's exactly what I did! Is it any wonder I came up with this ACEO art card? I love this chubby little "Chill Out Fairy" all bundled up in her winter snowsuit, ready to zap those worries away!


4 comments:

Betzie said...

She is just adorable!! We all need our own little "Chill Out Fairy"!!!
Good luck with the wedding...I just have sons, and they are only teens, so I hope their special day is far into the future. They can hardly say "hi" to a girl, so I think I have time!
Have fun!

Cat said...

What wonderful advice - don't worry, make art! I love it! You have a very wise hubby.

Your chill fairy is too cute!

I've had enough winter & am ready for Spring!!!

Gypsy Purple said...

Ooh ...I went through the wedding, weight etc thing last year, so i`m with you!!!!
Best of luck...in the end...all works well

Vicki Chrisman said...

WOW! Gorgeous ART!!