Sunday, November 26, 2006

Balancing Act of Life


Do you ever feel life is like one big balancing act? I do. It seems that my life is so full of commitments, obligations, appointments, classes, visiting relatives, running errands, and keeping up with all the recitals and programs and ceremonies my daughter is involved in, there's barely time to create art these days. I try, but boy do I get behind! Right now I need to finish three large paintings (22" x 30") for a hanging at the Indianapolis Art Center, start and complete an 8"x10" piece for a Christmas gift exchange, and create two ornaments for another gift exchange, all within the next two weeks, and still work on making new stuff for my Etsy store. The pressure is on to "produce" so that's what I plan on doing today... making art! Yeah!!

I've been trying to be more consistent with my blog postings and my listings on Etsy and eBay. That's always such a challenge for me beause I'm not a "regular-routine-schedule-type" girl, but more of a "spur-of-the-moment-fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants" kind of girl!
The "Small Works Holiday Show" is now open. This annual event is held at the 423 Gallery in Columbus, Indiana. Invitations from the gallery go out to about 30 local and regional artists to submit one or two 5"x7" paintings to decorate a large Christmas tree in the center of the gallery. The paintings serve as "ornaments", nestled between the pine branches and tiny white lights. I was lucky enough to receive an invitation to submit my work again this year! All work is priced the same, at $100 each. Fifty percent of the proceeds go to a charity and the other fifty percent to the artist. The photos above are the two pieces of mixed-media I submitted. Although the originals are for sale at the gallery, I'm offering 5"x7" prints for both "Faith" and "Violette", as well as ACEO art card prints.

1 comment:

Susan Tuttle said...

I know exactly where you are coming from! Glad to know there are many women that feel this way--not just me.

Beautiful pieces of art you posted!

Warmly,
Susan